- Take out of your wardrobe anything that is non-clothing and put it in a different storage space. Remove all the out-of-season clothes and pack them away in storage bags.
- Now the difficult part: Remove any clothing/ shoe or accessory items that:
- you have not worn in the last 12 months
- do not fit you
- are not comfortable
- look old and tired
- are old-fashioned
- not flattering
- not the right colour
- clothes you can’t wear for 3 different occasions, with 3 other outfits in your wardrobe and over 2-3 seasons
3. Manage your wardrobe: Put your clothes together into different garment types: hang all your tops together, skirts, trousers, dresses and jackets. Organise your knitwear, accessories and shoes in clear boxes and baskets.
4. Time to have fun! Create your own outfits by mixing key pieces (skirts and trousers/leggings) with different combinations of tops/ blouses/shirts, jackets, knitwear and accessories/ handbags and shoes. Hang them together as outfits – you can even use clear zipped dress covers to put the complete outfit together with the accessories and perhaps the shoes included! Do this for your work-wear and casual/smart casual.
5. Finally: write down a list of clothing, accessories and shoe items that perhaps are missing from your wardrobe or need replacing. This will be your wish list when you go shopping next.
This is everything you need to do to have an uncluttered and organised space for your clothes.
Good luck and enjoy your revitalised wardrobe!